Thursday, July 10, 2014

Catch up Part 2

Finally back in the 'Shire!! After 30 hours on the shipper all the horses arrived safe and sound - and ready to be in their beds!! 

Aldegonda resting after the trip


Tackling and investigating the snow
Most of you that know me, also know my family which includes the wonderful Emma, my only sister. Emma graduated up to my old mount Creganna Clover or 'Bobby' as he is known as at home. Emma has had unbelievable success on him since I moved away - which is sad since I don't get to see them in action, and its also scary....pressure is being put on me to keep things up over here since this combo are dominating the scene at home!!!
Emma has also taken over my gardening duties since I left (THANK GOD!!!!)
Bobby, Emma, Marian (the sheep!) and Dad

Emma  and Bobby in action

Other combinations that are creating frequent homesick-ness for me and keeping me on my toes are my cousins Jane and Lara. Both proving to be exceptional pilots, and bringing home the winning ribbons on a weekly basis. I am secretly delighted that I am going to have an army of wonderful riders to torture with dressage when I get home!! 

My Uncle Mark, with my god daughter Lara and pony that has taught me how to stick to a saddle - 'Smarty Pants'


Jane on Dancer, winning and dominating the scene!!
Arriving back in New Hampshire warrants a drastic wardrobe change! No more shorts and bikinis - its long sleeves, hats and scarfs - until JUNE!!!! Global warming is most definitely real! Again, thankfully the horses are very adaptable with the weather change. The barn in New Hampshire is indoor, unlike Florida - so between rugs and doors closed it stays at a nice temp all day.


Teaching in the not so hot sun!!



Ziggy enjoying some grass after the trip!




My great edible birthday package!! 

Ziggy surveying whats going on in the woods!
\

I found Misha like this - need I say more!

Our neighbour, Roger and his driving horses calling up for a visit when we returned

A very special horse that trained with Pam - 'Tome' LOVING his new home!
In a not so equine part of the adventurous life of Shauna and that Sheep, we experienced our first prom!! My old work colleague and dear friend Ali's sister Taylor asked me to do her makeup for her prom. Those who know me - know I CANNOT say no to anything that involves cosmetics!! It was a rare treat to be put back in the world of eyeliner and dresses rather then bridles and jodphurs. I had a great day with my adopted Potasky family and I am waiting on the next makeup function I am called to do!!! 
Taylor looking perfect!! 

Dressage by day, makeup by night!! 
That is all for this week!!! I am on a roll (and good Internet!) so my third installment will be up soon!! Until then,

PEACE, LOVE AND HOOFOIL

No comments:

Post a Comment