Friday, November 23, 2012

My fortnight in pictures - November

Firstly, I cannot believe how quick the time is going!! It is so hard to grasp that I will be here a year soon - its quite scary to think actually! I have been asked by a number of my American readers what excatly a fortnight  - its european (I guess for two weeks!!) So here are my last two weeks worth of photos.  :)



Herself and Misha having a lie in! 


SOMETHING WE NEVER GET IN IRELAND HIT FOSTER MEADOWS!!!!!

SNOW!!!!!












Herself and Misha in the snow
Ali and Misha in the sneachta
The car park




Alas, due to global warming and the like it didn't last long


The next day!! Snow gone, still below freezing so tackling the outdoor with a quarter sheet on


Caught taking a nap!! 


Teaching at Windswept with my lap warmer Griffin



Part of the ACPS booth

time at Equine Affaire was simply amazing.For those at home think of an event like the Dublin Horse Show - but multiply it by 10. NO JOKE. This place was HUGE!! 

http://www.equineaffaire.com/ And the fact that I was alone there meant, Shauna got extremly overwhlemed from parking the car to just figuring out where abathroom was! However I met so many wonderful people, who were genuinely interested in meeting me and asking questions ranging from what I am finding different here in comparison to Ireland since I moved here, to training questions and dilemmas. Again I cannot thank the American Connemara Pony Society enough for involving me and being so welcoming to me since I moved here. 
On way!!!
After a LONG day of travelling from Equine Affaire, I got fixed up a tasty treat! 
As usual, work is hectic. Slowly packing for Florida! By the time you read this I will hopefully have loaded the horses onto the shipper and be on my way down. I am breaking my trip down into two days - 16 hours the first day from New Hampshire to North Carolina, and 12/14 hours the second day. Safe to say their is going to be ALOT of singing, eating junk food and drinking fizzy drinks, going on in the Mini Cooper!! Horses got a hard first two weeks of work in November and then got slowly reduced so they would be rested for the journey down to Florida. 


Peanut after a long day!!!




Reunited with an old Foster Medow friend Abby! 


Halloween things are barely off the shelves and I find this stuff in Target! 


In order to get into the festive spirit - Misha gets to play dress up (Couldn't get one to fit poor Marian!)


Challenge accepted.


Rug ruined.


The toguh life of Cody and Ginger


Sunday hanging with Vito
As I mentioned in a blog post a few months ago, Pam trains a number of riders from the Van Guard stable here in New Hampshire. I was lucky enoguh to be invited to their Halloween party in October.They also have a themed quadrille called Behind the Mask I highly recommend looking up some of their routines on YouTube!
  
Our tack room has never looked so glamourous! 


The detail on the costumes was amazing!!! 




Dress rehersal time


Getting ready!


AJ from Van Guard and his mount for the quadrille - Carnival! 




A team shot






Sigh, a picture from the summer - not long until I a back in shorts in FLORIDA!!! Woooo!!
Thats it for this post. By the time you read this, myself, the sheep and the mini cooper will be on a highway somewhere on your 1500 miles trip to Florida!!! Will have all those pics, Thanksgiving and all the latest happenings soon!!


PEACE, LOVE AND HOOFOIL

No comments:

Post a Comment