Monday, February 25, 2013

My fortnight in pictures...

A nice view after a long day at work
 I had a wonderful visit from Robbie and Barbara Fallon while they were on their way to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise. I ended up bringing them to the Grand Prix under lights which was a great but late night!!! 
Grand Prix with Robbie and Barbara Fallon

When the air conditioning is not enough...

A random day of rain in Florida


Dusting off my rain jacket

Giraffe decoration!

A typical day at the farm...


Kipling, Ginger and Cody

My two favs Alde and Kipling

A classic Sunday - Ali walking Misha the cat and me walking the horse

Bonding time with the super mare

Midlands & Western night out!!

Grand Prix after party with the girls!!
An Irish Embassy night out
An Irish Embassy night out

Myself and Kara enjoying a night out

Late night run with Misha


Another night when air conditioning night is not enough! 

All things were going fine at work, the rain had passed, the arenas were no longer flooded and the sun was out again - until the attack of the reptiles happened!! Snakes, spiders, Gators, Lizards you name it, it visited the farm. I wish St.Patrick had visited the states!!! 

As close as I was getting to that thing!!
THEY WERE EVERYWHERE!!!!

The feed me face

I have officially jumped on the frozen yogurt bandwagon!

Hunter having a unicorn moment..

Gus saying hello

Cold morning = Porridge! 

Vito chilling

Levi ready for showtime! 

Quiet moments with the best dog ever! 



My new dangerous addiction

Ginger being a weirdo and setting up shop in the middle of the arena for the morning

Fog before the heat

Vito and Firefly playing nice

An epic Sunday breakfast! 

Growing lemons for tequila =)


Some of the lovely Florida wildlife


Until the next post - I have a ton to tell!
PEACE, LOVE AND HOOFOIL!  

4 comments:

  1. Well, we can’t blame ourselves for doing some crazy stuff when the weather is tremendously hot. Of course, we will do our best just to tolerate the heat even if it may look ridiculous to others. Haha! Hmm, the truth is that I’ve done it before – keeping a huge water container in my room, eating ice cream (a gallon :D), and many more. But, the simplest thing I usually do is to spend time on my bedroom with my AC unit turned on the entire day. Sounds like a cool thing for an idle person, right? :p

    Darryl Iorio

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing it right! When the air conditioner is not enough, there are a lot of other ways to keep cool. Aside from eating ice cream and drinking lots of water, I also open all the windows in our house. Wearing loose clothing is effective too. This will surely keep you cool in hot summer days. :)

    -Launce Newlove

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my most desperate attempt to stay cool was when the AC broke down and I placed a bottle of frozen water in front of a fan and had another freezing in the fridge to replace it later. Is it weird that I have a fan running when my AC is on? I normally just put my AC on timer and let the fan stay on when I sleep. I figured it would be more energy-efficient that way.

    Levi @ CapitalPlumbing.ca

    ReplyDelete