Thursday, July 10, 2014

Catch up time!!!


Hello hello hello!! As usual I start my blog with the reason behind my absence. Life as a nomadic dressage rider is tough - and I have a major first world problem......lack and or sporadic Internet! However, since my last post many things have happened. I have settled back in New Hampshire after the epic road trip up from Florida, I turned 24, entered my second year as barn manager here at Foster Meadows and most importantly I have not stopped learning from Pam - in and out of the saddle! 

While I was packing the Florida barn up, Pam took her ONLY vacation of the year. She visited family in both France and Ireland. And let me tell you, from the stories she came back with she had a ball in Galway!!
Pam and the Irish gang when she was visiting home
Here are a few snaps of the last few days in Florida and the first few days in New Hampshire that didn't make the last post.
Waving goodbye to shorts for awhile!

One of the last morning sky's in Florida

The packing begins!!


Last Florida staff photo


Misha 'helping' with the packing

Two gents playing

Very nice office view

Usual sight in the evening
One of the perks of being in such a small, condensed community in Florida is, seeing the greats is a regular thing!! Riders and trainers who I would only have ever read about, and or seen on Youtube are literally on my doorstep, either training and competing for the winter season too, or are just over for a brief stint to give a clinic. I got to spend two days watching the great Michael Klimke teach at my barn - and of course had to do the tourist thing and ask for a photo!!  
Getting to meet Michael Klimke




Handgrazing in the sun
Let me tell you the thing about living in 'tropical' Florida for part of the year is THE TROPICAL weather. Scorching hot one day, tornado the next!! Luckily the horses deal with the drastic weather change very well, but the poor cat, dogs and arenas don't!! 
Different kinda blue sky!

The day the tornado came to visit

Not ideal!

Get your umbrellas!!

That's all for now, I am writing a second post right after I send this one live. I have a lot of interesting New Hampshire news to share!! 

PEACE, LOVE AND HOOFOIL

No comments:

Post a Comment