Sunday, July 1, 2012


Again, this will be a picture based post - trying to get ye as up to speed as possible because things are getting CRAZY here in New Hampshire (hence the lack of posts!)
So March was really much of the same as Feb, struggling with the heat - a battle I was getting better with, training was still as intense as we hit our last full month in Florida before we made the long haul back north. But as well as the usual, festivites like St. PAtricks Day, a trip to Miami and a cowboy themed party were thrown into the mix!!



Ginger and Maaaaa-rian getting into the St.Patricks DAy spirit

Believe it or not, March was a month that me, my legs, seat, elbows, shoulders - (the works) were  STILL getting bootcamped daily. The entire aspect of the core is so key to Pam and her training, so if your not in pain daily your not doing it right!!! For me it was definatley getting easier, I felt that I was become more quick and adaptable to any of the horses I got on. And given that the horses acted like saints one day and pony clubber nightmares the next it was a great challenge for me to experiment weather I was in fact getting stronger in my riding.
Little bear, Maaaa-rian, Chan and Cho

These to guys are the lovely Chan and Cho from Korea, they were in the barn next door to us and we shared - THE MUCKHEAP together (great sense of community in White Fences!!!) They worked for a Korean rider Dong Song Kim, and even though there was a language barrier, they were great - and Maaaaa-rian (and google translate!) was a big part of the entire converstation process with them


Her em day bed and blanket?


The heat forces us indoors to the glorious air condtioning!



Sometimes stuggling to make new friends

With all work and March 17th looming, it was decided to go on an adventure to the store that is PArty City - this store is nothing short of crazy! ANY kind of event that could be a party, we can get the raw materials for it here!! But thanks to a wonderful care package from Marian Fahy I was all sorted with my Irish goodies for the bigh day!


Paddy Cap - Check, Feather Boa - Check



My parcel of goodies!!


Ginger and Maaaa-rian helping me model the goods

AND THEN SOMETHING AWFUL HAPPENED.......
I got sick, stuck to the bed, vomiting, cold sweats kind of sick. And that was me out of Paddys day celebrations and work for a few days. So I waved the rest of the gang off, when they headed out on the 17th and was left under the strict care of a kind nurse to aid me back to health.

Nurse Ginger



After a few days and a few bottles of Advil, I was on my feet again, and on our way to Miami!! We had gotten tickets to the amazing show that is Cavalia http://www.cavalia.net/en usually I am not one for these kind of shows but, this was nothing short of mindblowing! I walked out of the show inspired to ride on my head - feck the core that I was being beaten into using!!
With her road trip snacks
MIAMI!!!!


The sheep didn't have a ticket so I had to sneak her in


Intermission

Hard to control her when she thinks she's out of CSI...
However with all our road trips, training, shows etc we had to say goodbye to most of the people that were in Doulbe Bridle Farm with us. The season technically ends April 1st so most people start the trip back home late March, in order to ship their horses, let them recover and get back into work once they have returned home. Of course it was another excuse for a party, organised kindly by one of the great ladies at Double Bridle, Joy. She gave the party a barn dance/cowboy theme, and it was a chance to be able to say goodbye to those that had become a daily part of my day.
ME, Maaaaa-rian and Clara Maynard - who has since joined us in New Hamp!



Ali after diving into the pool


Pinata time!!


Our delightful bandanas!

Foster Medows stayed in Double Bridle Farm (White Fences) until the start of April and it was a ghost town after everyone left. Since moving back up to New Hampshire I have realised that Florida life is incredibly fast paced. So many people in one place at a time and a constant stream of training and competitons happening in all disciplines. And as much as I LOVE New Hampshire, I am looking forward to returning to Florida, now that I know what to expect!

 Next post will be the journey up and settling into New Hampshire life!!


Here are just a few random snaps that I found on my phone from March


In the middle of a care package!

 
Saying goodbye to longterm love LeZard





By the pool :)




Our ONE day of rain that month!


Her Korean dog buddy




Dress up
Dress up with Rocky






Maaaaa-rian giving Rocky a pre show pep talk


HAVE to leave ye with this crazy pic - I swear this dog knows when there is a camera around OR was a model in past life!!

Thats all for the month of March - Fingers crossed will be up to speed in no time - might even get two posts out this week! To all at home in Ireland (Galway) jealous I am missing the Volvo Ocean Race!!

PEACE, LOVE AND HOOFOIL



1 comment:

  1. The vinyl privacy fences have many advantages over wood in addition to being affordable and easy to maintain. Vinyl fencing stands up to harsh Canadian winters, and will not splinter or rot like wood. It is also flexible and easy to keep clean. White picket vinyl fences do not require any harsh chemical treatments in order to keep termites and other pests at bay.

    Privacy Picket Fence

    ReplyDelete