Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August Part 2


Part two of my trip home, again photo based - enjoy!! Back to work in NH since I left Shannon not to rub it in but it's great to be back in the heat!  My stay at home FLEW by, I can't believe how much I managed to fit in while I was back, riding, Cavan IPS champs, Cavan Fleadh, Clifden, visiting, family time and of course nights out! I was so happy to use what I have learnt here into practise with the ponies I rode while at home - one of which being a 4 year old Dandini, who is Prospect Susie's son and VERY much a nice mix of his mother and father (Cashel Bay Prince)
Back together again!! 
Clifden show did not disappoint - as usual. I love this show, its a roadtrip to get there but it is one of the most enjoyable few days - regardless of judges, classes, fences, weather - it always seems to be a great show and this year was no exception. All the permanent and semi permanent 'residents' of Four Winds, Creganna, Oranmore had a fantastic show with a ton of rosettes spanning from the Thursday and Friday classes. (Jane & Lara Field, and myself!) had red ribbons, which made the week even better!


Celebrating with a sandwich!

Winner winner!!

Thursday night Clifden dinner
Lara and I hitting Clifden town
  Last year I rode another of Robbie's ponies - Cashelbay Misty, who sadly passed away shortly after having this lovely filly - and soon after I left Ireland, so it was bittersweet meeting this baby but she is so playful, fun and a fantastic mover! I cannot wait to see her in action when she gets older. Look here if you would like to see more of the CashelBay ponies, http://cashelbay.com/ 



Meeting Misty filly foal


This filly is too cute! 

In non equine news I was catapauled into the usual saturday night out once I got home - I had forgotten how long the night is and how glorious Supermacs is after a night out!! I made a special trip up to Cavan to the Fleadh (tradtional irish music festival) to visit a dear friend and trad head - Lorcan Brady. Myself, the sheep and Marian the human made the trip up and had a ball. We also recieved an almighty tour of the Brady estate and a HUGE feast curtiosity of Mammy Brady - all homemade too! 
At the Fleadh in Cavan - Marian (the human), me, the sheep and Lorcan
Getting a tour of Cavan with Lorcan and Jasper
A feast  - all homemade! By Mrs. Brady
As you can probably tell from this post I did a ton of visiting in my short time home. To keep looking the part Stateside, I ventured out to the great Imelda Lynch who runs and owns the http://www.thetackroom.ie/ she kitted me out with jodphurs that help me not faint with the heat over here! Next on my map was to the home of the wonderful Vida 'Mammy' Tansey. I will always look to her for help and guidance with horses and otherwise - she is a factor in where I am today and how I got to do what I am doing here! While I was there I met another baby out of a mare I used to ride.  Angelina 'Angie' had a beautiful colt who is unnamed but named Pax if you follow me! (Keeping the entire Brad and Angelina thing going here!)
Angie's baby Pax
Vida's home cooking!
Something that I ALWAYS happens when you enter the Tansey household - you eat Vida's home cooking!!! No lie that it is UNREAL!  

Then came the sad time of having to leave, two weeks FLEW, and the nine months that I had been gone from Ireland flew too. It was sad leaving, not knowing when I will be back - but at the rate time is going my Visa will be up in no time!! 


My farewell dinner


Leaving Shannon :(
A few more snaps.....
Post leaving cert results night out - little brother too 'tired' to make the trip to the airport with me!, (middle) an Elverys reunion, and (left) Pax ;) 
In other news that is AMAZING! The latest Finneran to board Creganna Clover has made quiet the successful enterance into the showing world! My sister Emma had her first competition of the year and won her class! All her hard work, and talent has paid off and I do not doubt that she is going to have an amazing time with this guy and a VERY successful winter with him - WATCH OUT! The only downside was I wasn't there to cheer her on but with the wonders that is the iphone I got minute by minute updates and pictures that I showed all over the barn here. One proud sister!! 

A quick thank you to everybody who I met whilst home that commented on how much they love the blog. And a sincere thanks to those who feature a link of my blog on their already very successful, high traffic sites. Your support with something that only started out as a bit of fun is overwhelming!! 


PEACE LOVE AND HOOFOIL


2 comments:

  1. Great to see another Finneran on the way, Shauna!
    Love the blog, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete