Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July


July - I cannot believe how quickly time has flown!! More of a picture based blog....more detailed one to follow I promise, I am trying to pack and organise myself to COME HOME for Clifden!!!! YAY!!!!!

*************NOTE : ONCE AGAIN THIS POST AS PHOTOS OF A SENSITIVE NATURE - ME IN A BIKINI YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED****************


Small and large - Marley, Peanuts new bestie


Our neighbour Ray's new lab puppies!


A moose - Ray's handy gun skills


Myself and Phillip
This is Phillip, a delightful Morgan, who is quite the character and a great addition to the barn! He belongs to the wonderful Kelly M, a different Kelly to the one you met in the previous post. Kelly trains with Pam for a week every month and comes to the barn every Saturday to train. I have been lucky enough to ride Phillip a few times and I can now cross riding a Morgan off my list - a really strange but great experience!!
Phillip resting


Phillip on his way to do hill work


Flattened after hillwork!


Bernie receiving a neck rub


A rare cuddle moment


An Irish shop found on a trip to Portsmouth
Meet some the new Danish arrivals - Aldegonda 'Alde' and Donnizetti 'Ziggy' there is another mare a chestnut  beauty Lucienne 'LC' but I didn't get a picture of her for this post. Alde is 7 and the other two are the babies - 4 year olds. They arrived in June the mares later then the gelding because of quarantine. I have been riding Ziggy, and I am being spoilt - this is a 4 year old with buckets of potential and the safest most laid back brain I have ever come across (knock on wood it stays the same!!!)




Alde enjoying handgrazing time


I LOVE her giraffe patterned legs


They are like lightening marks!


Ziggy having a munch


Sunny New Hampshire day!


Ziggy


Alde
AND THEN!!!!!!!


We had a bit of a medical issue with poor ol Peanut after numerous x rays and pain relief it was determined that it was a bone bruise which meant a chunk of time resting. Pressure from the bridle and even the headcollar upset him. He is making a great recovery and is thoroughly enjoying his time off which includes basically just eating, grazing and snoozing!!




From head on it was not that noticeable but here is the side view


In comparison to this side


Herself and a fairly exotic looking chicken!


My first time driving this thing alone!!! SURVIVED and reversing this thing.....consistency is the key!
******BIKINI SHOTS!!!!******


Myself , herself and SJ on the Potaskys boat


Afternoon chill out time with Bernie


Myself and herself on the lilo - hard life
Not all work and no play for us this month, I had a fairly hectic non equestrian month too! I had 4th of July and a weekend off on the wonderful Potasky's (Our adopted family) boat.
Myself and Taylor


All in the arms!! VERY nearly fell off!


Being dragged by the boat at speed was alot harder then it looked! 


But we survived!


Our weekend with the Potaskys on the Connecticut river was too short but so enjoyable!!
I am a bit backward with the pics here, we went to the Potaskys after the 4th of July but computer issues have me all over the shop!!


For anyone that doesn't know, my wonderful Dad, rowed for Ireland (in a boat not a saddle kind of rode!) so the notion of kayaking is technically in my blood a little bit!! It seemed ok, got up to a decent speed but stopping is an issue!!! I have kept it up since - will have guns of steel eventually!!!




Here is me attempting to kayak home


A little helper aiding me with Peanut


Seeming interested with his ice pack


No, just more interested in trying to eat the ice pack I dropped!!

Meeting a LEGEND of a man that is Larry Poulin
I am so lucky to have met this hilarious driver turned dressage rider Larry Poulin while at the Potaskys. Larry has competed in numberous World Cups and WEGS for driving and is now retired from it and dominating the dressage scene, on horses that he used to drive. Have a look at the man in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7JFDaflF7g&noredirect=1




Myself, herself and the lovely Taylor Potasky


Hard life sunbathing on the boat

Tess!!!! 
Now in the last post I said ye would meet Tess in more detail. Here she is!! The great mare that has kept me jumping while I am full time dressage rider is for sale, here are the details and more info on Tesshttp://www.windsweptfarmnh.com/WindsweptFarmnh.com/Sales.html


All dolled up
And here is the link to see us go on Youtube!!! It was GREAT to be back in the skull cap! Love riding her and am so grateful that I was asked to be a part of the project that is Tess. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds3IV00u82w&list=UUe7WYHpw7JB6zRr0tcjnzzg&index=1&feature=plcp




Onto the HIGHLIGHT of my month -  the Region 1 Connemara Pony Breed Show in Vermont. I was so honoured to be asked to be a part of it. Will do a more detail post on it but here are some pics from the show.




In the Vermont mountains





A section of stabling






Beautiful gorge I passed on the way to the show




All the way from Galway and who do I meet? Cashel Bay Prince's sister, Cashel Bay Irish Promise


Some of the many prizes at the show


All handmade


The ACPS really have a great selection of gear




Evening reception
Sorry it's all over the place - and a ton of pics, I figure ye like them better then me rambling on!! My next post will be my first one I do in Ireland, I CANNOT wait to get back for a short visit, real milk and chocolate and family and friends of course!


 Until then enjoy the post and the Olympics - go Team Ireland!!! 

PEACE, LOVE AND HOOFOIL

No comments:

Post a Comment